HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
JOB SUMMARY - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The HR Generalist will deliver HR programs and solutions in support of both short-term and long-term business goals. The HR Generalist will also support and drive strategic initiatives of the executive management team.
Deliver HR services that meet or exceed quality standards established by best practices and company policy in the areas of: recruitment, employee relations, employee separation, key performance metrics, performance management, training & development, new hire orientation, safety, and legal compliance.
- Act as subject matter expert on HR issues to staff and management Partner with the executive management team in the development and establishment of HR strategies to ensure the alignment with goals and overall organization strategies.
- Manage an HR team to create a focused HR culture and to maximize organizational impact and efficiency.
- Manage recruitment efforts to recruit, screen, and recommend qualified candidates in support of requirements.
- Resolve employee relation issues in a timely manner; provide coaching to all parties, and recommend appropriate actions. This includes interpreting and administering policies, conducting investigations and managing claims.
- Analyze exit interviews so that potential problems are discovered and needed changes implemented Assist in developing and verifying job descriptions and making compensation recommendations
- Work with management on employee performance issues and where necessary, prepare documentation for HR and legal review as required.
- Oversight of leave administration including FML, ADA. Manage unemployment claims. Manage workers’ compensation claims and accident investigations
- Ensure compliance with all state laws and corporate policies/processes Ensure employee records and files are kept in accordance with internal and external compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors in Business or HR related field preferred
- Requires 1 to 3 years minimum of progressively responsible HR Management and/or generalist experience
- Current working knowledge of employment law and regulations including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO/AAP, Workers Compensation, unemployment and employee relations.
- Comfort speaking in front of groups and working with all levels of an organization
- Must demonstrate ability to lead by example and work as part of a team as well as individually with minimal direction Must demonstrate general project management skills
SPHR or PHR certification or evidence of acquiring certification a plus
Possess a valid California drivers license and a good driving record upon appointment to the position
Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
Bilingual – Fluent Spanish oral and written skills required
Hours will be established to maximize support for 24/7 operations and may require work outside of normal business hours. This position may also require travel.
This position reports directly to executive management
This position will have one or more positions reporting to it.
Intermittent sitting, walking. Use of computer. Ability to drive a motor vehicle
Salary range for this position is $40,000 - $44,000 plus benefits package
Visit CSG online at http://jobs.csgcares.com/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=1873141&portalID=8571
CSG utilizes E-Verify to assure work eligibility of its employees
CSG performs drug screening and criminal background checks on all applicants
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Recruiters please do not contact job poster
EOE : CSG IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
Human Resources Department
Contract Services Group, Inc.
Office: (714) 582-1800 ext. 213
Fax: (714) 582-1798 – Secure & Confidential Line
Customer Focused, Quality Driven, Environmentally Responsible